Kosher Competition

Wow that looks really cool. I'll be in NY anyway for a wedding that night, so I will definitely stop by. Next year, maybe I'll even compete.

Thanks,
Pinny

From our old friend Mords...a kosher BBQ competition and food festival in Long Island.

http://likosherbbq.org/

Oh, Mords is Back!!!! Chris, when I get up on stage with my awards you can bet your and the guys here will be getting a huge shout out!!!

Its actually an interesting competition. One, obviously is that its Kosher. Two, everyone is on the same playing field. Meaning, no one is allowed to bring anything to competition...just themselves. All the the ingredients, meats, utensils and weber silver grills are being given out.

This thurs we are going down there to prep our meats, make rubs ect ect. Then saturday night we go back to start the smoking. Everyone gets the same pieces of meats, and same equipment. No one is coming with their grass fed that and their hay fed this.....No smokers that have been getting shmaltzed up for 30 plus years!

Its your rub and skills....and a lil bit of luck I guess!!!

Team:
Uncle Mordy and The MEATzva Girlz

The word "MEATzva" its a play on the hebrew word "Mitzva" which means a good dead. There is also a jewish childrens entertainer called Uncle Moishy and the Mitzva Men....Hence, my punny team name!! My daughters are part of my team....now ya know!

Good luck. If you have the opportunity to post some recipes it would be great. MY son-in-law is Jewish and I would love to honor him with a cook that he can eat and his family. TIA

Cookin kosher is a lot more complicated than just the ingredients. My ingredients are pretty much the same as everyone's here....cuz many of the recipes I use are from this site. The midnight brisket rub is fantastic. Very simple yet tasty!!

If he is kosher all the way the meat would have to be kosher, utensils and the smoker as well. You can use my smoker anytime!!!

Just got home from the Kosher BBQ. Thought I'd post the 2 pictures that came out good on the I-phone

turkey_zpsf9a02516.jpg

Ribs_zpsb39089c2.jpg

Unfortunately we had to leave before the turn in on ribs and brisket, so we did not get any real sampling of those, but I did get some kick-*** beans, and a few small beef scraps.
The smell of the smoke and meat was awesome.

Bill, you shoulda said hi, it would have been nice to meat ya!!!

What an experience it was!!! I give ya guys props who compete all the time. Intense but alot of fun!!!

We took first place for beans!!!! I need to work on everything else in the time alotted. My boys came to the event and tasted my brisket and ribs and they all said I had mad better. Looks like we need to practice a little more.

my wife and I stopped by he event as well, got to sample mostly brisket. we both liked the BBQ team, that went by Mob something, had a mafia theme, and we also liked the grand winners of the BBQ event brisket.

Back