Trocitos de puerco en Chile verde (pork meat in hot green sauce)

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hello BBQ and Grilling friends!!!!!
Today I did one of my favorite dishes trocitos de puerco en chile verde (pork meat in hot green sauce).

Start with a pot of pork boneless meat and boil with 1 tbs of onion powder and garlic powder. 1/4 onion and pinch of salt. It took about 1 hour to get to my desired tenderness.

While the pork is getting happy get 10 jalapenos, 4 tomatillos, 4 garlic cloves on the grill and get a nice char on them.

Get the chiles and other goodies and put them in the blender with a 1/4 onion and 1 tbs of salt. puree the stuff and add to the pot with 1/4 onion and bring to a boil.

then add your pork and bring to a boil again...let it simmer for 20 minutes and its ready to eat.

made some beans on the CI...added a 1/4 onion, jalapeno, and 1 tomatoe cook a little with a bit of oil..

add your beans and bring to a boil..

then smash them and bring to a boil again and remove.

Here it is plated and ready to eat. Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your week.

Wow nice Tony!! Love it!! You are missing two key ingredients thought!! Beer and tortilla's? Love the beans like that..haven't made those in a bit!!

Wow nice Tony!! Love it!! You are missing two key ingredients thought!! Beer and tortilla's? Love the beans like that..haven't made those in a bit!!

For some odd reason I don't drink any beer during the week. But as soon as its Friday after work I will have a few. Maribel cut down my tortilla intake. I had 4 instead of my usual 6-8. :)

For some odd reason I don't drink any beer during the week. But as soon as its Friday after work I will have a few. Maribel cut down my tortilla intake. I had 4 instead of my usual 6-8. :)

Such a good wife...that's good Tony keep it up!! I have been doing the same but I have failed so miserably this week!

I would like a plate plz. the food that you cook is fantastic. I learn so much from you. thanks to you and your young bride. the flavors really come out in your pics.

I dont drink beer on schoolnights either, but I more than make up for it on the weekends!:cool:

Tony that looks great! But the one picture with the green pork next to the beans, I would have had to
mix em together, just to see what they looked like!

Hell of a plate Tony, my wife does the same thing with the extra rib meat that I trim off when doing my spares. Chile verde or she does some barbecoa in the crock pot.

Hell of a plate Tony, my wife does the same thing with the extra rib meat that I trim off when doing my spares. Chile verde or she does some barbecoa in the crock pot.

We do the same and once in a while I while throw a couple bones in the mix. Left over chile verde will be going on top of nachos this weekend.

Back