WiFi help

Dan Francis

TVWBB Fan
I am having trouble getting my new heatermeter connected to the web. It is a rpi with v7 software and an edimax . Is there a thread that has all the settings and info I should have filled in? I got it connected once and it worked great until I power cycled the heatermeter now I can no longer connect through wifi. I have fooled with every setting I can find but no luck getting reconnected without a direct cable. I am familiar with DD-WRT but this OpenWRT has me stumped. The scan works fine finding my network and the one time it was working with wifi was after I disabled the LAN connection in openwrt but that no longer works. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

You didn't modify the LAN settings to be "on your network" did you, i.e. on the same ip address subnet as the wifi? It seems to take issue with the ethernet having the same subnet regardless of if it is connected or disabled.

Yep I sure did. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I'll change that back. I'm also using static IP as in the past with other things I have had better results. Let me know if that's not OK. Thanks for the help! Dan

Yep I sure did. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I'll change that back. I'm also using static IP as in the past with other things I have had better results. Let me know if that's not OK. Thanks for the help! Dan

Can you do "Static DHCP" on your router? That works better for me, as you don't have to configure the client. 6 of 1, half dozen of another if you know how to do static IP, but it is less config.

I just enter the name I want in the DHCP settings on the HeaterMeter and access it by name. Who cares what the IP is :-D

Oh No! A couple things. I thought I had latest version firmware installed but my menu doesn't look at all like the one Bryan posted above. Also while I'm here, how do I set it up for access outside my wlan. I have tried to set it up like my stoker/dd-wrt router combo but that isn't working. I can't find the heater meter in the IP list on my router to enable a port forward yet it has a wireless connection within my wlan and works perfectly. The Static IP of 192.168.1.200 and the mac are nowhere to be found on my router. Also the only port reference I can find is 22 under administration. Is this the port to forward and can it be changed? Sorry I'm so bad at this stuff! Thanks.

Disregard the part about menu differences. Selecting DHCP client gives me same menu. I'm going to try this to see if I can move forward in getting access outside of wlan. Thanks. Dan

Back