Grilled Sweet and Sour Pork

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Ok so I had a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer that had been there for a while and needed to be cooked. I'm not a huge fan of pork tenderloin by itself so I wanted to find something different to do with it. I came across this recipe on Amazing Ribs.com. I pretty much followed meathead's recipe exactly (or tried to).

Link here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/grilled_sweet_sour_pork.html

Started by grilling two Pork tenderloins. One was seasoned with salt only for tonight's dish. The other was marinated in McCormick Grillmates White wine, garlic, and herb marinade for later use.

Next, two onions that were halved and two bell peppers that were halved hit the grill

Next, some fresh pineapple joined the fun

Once everything was nice and done, I chunked it all up and mixed it together in the lodge

It was then plated over rice and topped with sweet and sour sauce (meathead's "mumbo sauce") that was made while the charcoal was lighting.

A pretty straightforward cook that was very tasty with the fresh pineapple and veggies. I really liked the sauce too. The tenderloin worked great in this dish but I'm sure it would be good with chicken too.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I love that there were huge chunks of everything! I wonder what a fattier cut of pork would add - say some belly or trimmings from a shoulder. hmmm

Russell you had me here.................
DSC00544_zps51957cf2.jpg

Back