Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controlling order of threads in Photo Gallery

The two pictures of the week on the front page are an awesome feature but also allows those threads associated to each pic to stay up top also. Just a thought but it is a cool feature to be able to see on the front page. Awesome site with great people from all over the world so no complaints here.
    18.5 WSM/OTP Performer

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Ok, this time default thing works for me, didn't know it existed.
    The key is to back up after viewing a post, to keep them set to time order.

Thanks for pointing out this feature!

TVWBB Diamond Member Andy Beers's Avatar
    I think ya all are talkin about me. I had no idea that commenting on your great lookin food would **** you off. I enjoy looking at your posts. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way.
    Keepin on, Keepin on
    22.5" WSM , Performer Grill, OTG

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Beers View Post
    I think ya all are talkin about me. I had no idea that commenting on your great lookin food would **** you off. I enjoy looking at your posts. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way.
    Andy, no one is ****ed, just frustrated. I'm glad members let me know when they're frustrated about something, I would hope you'd do the same if the shoe was on the other food.

I wasn't aware of any issue having to do with the order in which threads are replied to until it was brought to my attention. Hopefully it's not too much trouble for you to comment in reverse order, as suggested.

I see the reasoning behind having the Photo Gallery in order of first post. However, since you can change the order when arriving I see it as of less importance. For the less frequent visitor, it could get confusing why one forum's thread is ordered differently than other forums. My vote would be for no change.
    Russell
    If you're not on somebody's *hit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile

I'm leaning toward making no change to the default ordering of threads, for the reason you state, Russell.

TVWBB Diamond Member Andy Beers's Avatar
    No trouble here I just didn't realize there was a proper metheod to go about it .I believe I am doing it correctly now and look forward to seeing more great food. I must show some of mine soon. All the best
    Keepin on, Keepin on
    22.5" WSM , Performer Grill, OTG

Every forum I post on on any topic has all threads sorted by most recent reply. I think having the ability to bump threads that are a few days old is good given how much turnover there is in the Photo Gallery.

I see there is a setting for 'Number of Post per Page' -there's options for use system default, and then tiered amounts up to 40, which I'm assuming is the current system default - Chris, can the system default be set to something greater than 40 per page? I guess the other question would be, if so, would it affect performance.
    Klose BYC - Weber SM 22.5 - Weber 1-Touch 22 (x2) Weber Genesis E-310

well I'm confused. When it comes to computers I am smart enough to be dangerous. I look at the posts I am interested in, open them and add my comments after everybody else who did this before me or if I can answer a question in a specific post I click on that post copy the realative portion and reply . I don't know what effect this has on order...never really checked that.
    Last edited by Gary S; 06-23-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    There's no such thing as a bad cook if you learn something from it.
    26.75 Custom Kettle, SS rotisserie, WSM, BSK, Maverick 732, Laser, Thermapen,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12