My Genesis 1000 red head is done!

Brian Corey

TVWBB Member

Thanks for all the help and advice, Weber community!

I bought this grill for $30.00 in December, just finished it this weekend. The wood is White Oak with 4-5 coats of spar urethane. New innards. Cooks AWESOME!

Almost brings a tear to my eye. Reminds me of how mine looked out of the box in 1992! :)

Congratulations on a great result!

That is beautiful. Makes me want to go out and clean mine up. I don't think mine looked that clean after I did some cleaning and painting after I first got it.

Wayne

Had this exact grill that I picked up a the factory sale years ago. Never looked as good as yours even new!

I just picked one of these up. Your pics give me motivation to start the restoration. Are you still using the quick disconnect tank?

Wow!

I'm sure you could tell people that the grill is new out of the box and they wouldn't have a reason not to believe you.

No, I didn't take any before pics. It was in decent shape. I did paint the frame, box, and sides with Rustoleum Ultra. I polished the red top with cleaner and extra, extra fine steel wool. New bolts, screws, etc. The original purchase price was $30, and it included 2 propane tanks. The guy selling just built a new home with a NG built-in outdoor kitchen. He had no use for the grill or tanks.

now that is craftsmanship. Real fine work Brian and a dang nice pit as a reward/result. do you have pics of before? did I miss your initial post?...

don't lift the lid...

Back