Smash Burger, Animal Style

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I took two of my favorite burgers, a Smash Burger, and an In and Out Burger made Animal style and mixed them together.

Carmalized onion

Smashed a couple 1/4 lb patties. Just before I flipped them I squirted yellow mustard on them.

After the flip, love that crust!

American cheese and some of the onion added to one of the patties,

Plated. Toasted bun, with Thousand Island dressing, pickle, lettuce on the bottom, tomato and the two patties with the onion in between them. Tater tots and grilled corn.

Good Burger!!

Holey Moley…are you kidding me??!! John, those burgers look and sound fantastic!!! Great job, man.

Mike

Holy hell, John...I need to see a cardiologist after looking at your photos. What are you frying the burgers in? Is that oil/grease/just rendered burger fat?

Wholey crap John...I just cleaned my phone by licking every picture you posted (twice!!) man those look super! My wife loves In and Out Burger so I see this happening in the near future!

Nice work!

Wow John!!!
Those burgers look delicious. I'm going to borrow your recipe. Did you do them in a comal?

Everything looked wonderful, right up until I saw the lettuce on the bottom!:p
You need to open your own burger joint John!

Wow John!!!
Those burgers look delicious. I'm going to borrow your recipe. Did you do them in a comal?

Yes. It is a carbon steel comal I picked up at the Swap Meet a couple of years ago. I have a couple of different sizes.

Back