Blues and BBQ

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Seems others were doing ribs today which was my plan as well. The wife is away so I turned the lid of the WSM towards the yard and as I was mowing I would ride by and make sure the needle was where I wanted it. For some reason the WSM locked in on 235* so I let it ride. If that needle move a few degrees I'd be surprised. I used some apple wood for smoke and dusted the single rack with Penzey's Galena St. Once it was all said and done I hit them with some Sweet Love. I LOVE dry ribs and these were an exceptional treat. As I enjoyed supper I pulled up some Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King. Man can those boys play the guitar! Blue and BBQ. Two of a kind!

Last edited:
Dwain;
Loved the photos. Your choice of music is JUST FINE even tho' I am a Big Band Fan;). I may have to try Penzey's spice blend.

Thanks for sharing!
Dale53

Perfect all the way around! Those ribs look outstanding! I love dry ribs, too. And I'm also a blues guy. That session was incredible. I have the CD, and I've been wanting that DVD.

Great post Dwain. Now I'm starving!!

Mike

Dwain it seems like we have a lot in common. Nice cook and nice tunes.................
Yep, Galena Street is a winner. :)

Blues, BBQ and although you didn't mention it I DID see it - BREWS! I'm with you on the blues... I have some Otis Rush and Albert King CDs, as well as SRV (the "Tribute To Stevie Ray Vaughan" CD and DVD are incredible - Bonnie Raitt, EC, Buddy Guy, BB King and the rest performing at their best). I'll be lookin' for the SRV and Albert King DVD and CD....

Great lookin' Ribs Dwain!

had tickets to see Stevie again on that Saturday night in August of '90 at Alpine Valley (seen him many times before) ...
but liz received tickets from her folks for her birthday to see Bonnie Raitt that same night on the Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee.
I gave away my Vaughan tickets to go with liz to the Raitt concert. Said, we'll see him next time he comes to town.... little did i know.
Woke the next day to hear Clapton died in the crash... then an hour later, the news was updated, it was not Clapton, but Stevie Ray that was aboard the copter...

Great lookin' Ribs Dwain!

had tickets to see Stevie again on that Saturday night in August of '90 at Alpine Valley (seen him many times before) ...
but liz received tickets from her folks for her birthday to see Bonnie Raitt that same night on the Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee.
I gave away my Vaughan tickets to go with liz to the Raitt concert. Said, we'll see him next time he comes to town.... little did i know.
Woke the next day to hear Clapton died in the crash... then an hour later, the news was updated, it was not Clapton, but Stevie Ray that was aboard the copter...
I saw him here in St Paul at Riverfest about a week before that terrible day.

SWMBO got a shout out! I could eat on the tailgate of a deuce and a half (and have) but she loves that stuff.

The women on my wife's side of the family all love the stuff. Her grandma has a huge collection of it. In no way will there be fights and hurt feelings when the time comes to figure out who inherits it. Although, with the way that grandma is going, she'll probably live to be like 200 and outlive every last one of us.

Dwain....your ribs look super and your taste of music is right on key!! Love the blues guitarist I yesterday! SRV was way ahead of his time!'

Nice nice nice!

Back