Hello from Mobile, Alabama

G Tingle

Hi folks,

My name is Gary, and my wife is the main cook.
We live in a wooded area between a river and a large creek, very humid.
We had a 5-6 year old Master Forge or something like that.
The bottom where the tank sat had rusted, and the everything else was getting old.

A local True Value store was going out of business and they had a sale or 20% off, they had Ducanes and Webers already
assembled. I investigated the Ducanes and assumed that since they had been purchased by Weber, the quality must be pretty good.
I checked my availability of funds and decided to go with a Ducane 3100. When I informed my wife of my decision, she informed
me that she wanted a genuine Weber :p, well I rechecked my funds, chipped in a few more Benjamins, and proceeded to purchase
a Weber EP-310. Being that one was available at the True Value, I got 20% off:D

We have had the Weber 2 weeks now and love it, we have used it every evening, except when it rained.
Steaks, ribs, pork steaks, kabobs, burgers, it was all great. Since the purchase
I have spent a load of money on accessories, cooking tools, smoker box, cleaning tools, apparel, …etc.

Nice to be here and thanks for allowing me to be a lurker before I joined.
Some of the discussions here helped me to make my decision,
or at least support my wife’s decision.:eek:

Welcome Gary! You made a great deal 4 sure...Nice to have you here and im looking forward to hear more from ya!

Hi folks,
My name is Gary, and my wife is the main cook.
I checked my availability of funds and decided to go with a Ducane 3100. When I informed my wife of my decision, she informed
me that she wanted a genuine Weber :p,
Some of the discussions here helped me to make my decision,
or at least support my wife’s decision.:eek:

Gary - Welcome! Give your wife a big ole hug! Sounds like an awesome lady. BBQ chics are cool! :cool:

Welcome Gary, got a few relatives in Point Clear and Fairhope area. By the way, good choice. I kicked a Ducane to the curb after three years use, Weber made or not, not the same quality. It was going to cost too much to replace too many items wrong, especially, with rust showing up on a SS frame............................d

Back