Beer Batter Chicken and Stuffed Mushrooms

M Morrill

TVWBB Member
So I made some habanero stuffed mushrooms for the Throwdown - http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?385...ffed-Mushrooms-Throwdown!&p=388275#post388275 and figured I could make dinner at the same time.

I didn't want a duplicate thread so I thought I would share the rest of the cook. I made some spicy beer batter and used it to make some thighs, stuffed mushrooms and left over shrimp. Gotta love the CI skillets for this kind of work.

IMG_6756_zps41bab0b5.jpg

The ingredients

IMG_6762_zps89032a44.jpg

The grill!

Never took a picture of the chicken after this. It was wonderful!

Looks really good! Even though i havent tryed shrooms like that i can tell they were awesome. Really clever.

Looks fantastic! Any flare-ups when deep frying over the coals? I do see what appears to be a deeper CI pan?

I have not had issues with flare-ups. I use a two zone fire and remove the food from the oil away from the coals. My next cook will usually burn off any extra oil that was spilled. I do watch the oil while cooking to make sure it doesn't get too hot. If it starts smoking (never has) I could just slide the pan into a cool zone.

Worst case scenario I would just drop the lid on the top and step back. Might make a mess on the patio but there is nothing that could catch on fire. If you are on a wood patio or close to the house I would be very careful if trying this. That being said, I am comfortable frying on the Weber and it doesn't smell up the kitchen! BTW - Ace Hardware has the brand new Lodge 8" deep skillet for $12 right now. If you want to try this go buy one! If cooking for more than two i would get the 10-12" though...

Back