18" WSM Stainless Steel Door Replacement

I got my new door today from the Cajun Bandit folks.

All I can say is WOW! This is the door that Weber should have made for the WSM. It's heavy, it fits perfectly.

I'll post a pic or two when I get the knob off the old door and on the new one.

That door is really nice, I want one for a 22! Do you know if they plan to make one for the 22.5?

Chris is working on the door for the 22 as we speak. He had a delay in getting a 22 WSM to work on.

I have a 22 also, and will be getting a SS door for that as well.

I was absolutely amazed at the quality of this thing... you won't be disappointed.

And no, I don't have any interest in the company...
icon_smile.gif

Chris shipped mine on Monday to the lake house - I sent one of the WSM's ahead with my brother and I'm headed up tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting the SS WSM door.

If it is like the other stuff I have that the Cajun Bandit folks did, it will be of first rate materials and well-designed and constructed.

Pat

Hi Tom, thanks and I can't wait to order one. It does look like a quality product. I can't wait to see a picture of it installed on your cooker.

Honestly, I haven't gotten the knob off my old door yet...
icon_smile.gif

I have a gazillion tools, but no wrench thin enough to reach the nut behind the knob.

Does anyone know if that nut is attached to the knob or if it is separate? If it is attached, then no problem. If it is separate, I need a thin open end wrench to get it off.

Got mine today,as others have stated this is one top notch piece.It is designed to use the round knob style latch. You can enlarge the hole for the newer lever style. Which I did. Measure the hole from the old door when in place in regards to where it is in relationship to the WSM opening. The spring washer that is on the inside on the orginal door switch to the outside because of how thick this new door is.

I put the SS door on my WSM as soon as I got to the lake on July 1st. Chris had sent the door ahead and my brother transported the WSM in his pickup.

The Stainless Steel door is the door that Weber SHOULD make for the WSM. It is solid, well-make and fits perfectly.

I left the WSM at the lake for when I go back up for Labor Day BUT I put the original door back on and brought the stainless steel door home with me to install on my other WSM.

You really get a feel for the difference when you look at and feel of the two doors side-by-side.

The knob swap out was a snap.

Chris and his partner have a winner with this replacement door.

I hope nobody here or at Weber gets upset that we are talking about the door or singing its praises. Only the good products have after-market stuff made for them - who ever heard of pimping a Vega after all! Maybe somebody at Weber will take notice and they will start shipping WSM's with this kind of quality door. Maybe they should hire Chris and his partner to make the doors for them!

Great Job Chris and thanks!

Pat

These are very nice replacement doors. They fit nice an tight, much better than the stock door. Thanks for the post. Got mine last week. Shipped quick!!

I like that they "don't" have the hold open tabs, Or maybe in stainles they wont bend up and the tabs break off?
Id be interested if one could be shipped to Australia??
I buy my fly fishing rods in the US so should not be a problem?

Installed mine over the weekend and did a triple butt smoke. I have got to say this door is a big improvement over the stock unit. $20 well spent.

Any word as to when the replacement door for the 22.5 WSM will be available? I can't wait to get one.

I am not having any leaks with my new 22.5 door; but I would replace it with a stainless steel one in a New York minute....I hope they build one for it; or Weber could make it an accessory... It looks terrific...

Back