New Stoker Owner - Looking for direction to connect Stokerlog to Wireless Network

Brad White

I did my first brisket on a large egg with the stoker this weekend. The brisket was excellent and the stoker worked perfectly. While I am not computer savvy, I was interested in some of the stokerlog features. I was able to connect via cable my laptop directly to the stoker - very cool.

Now the big question. I would like to monitor the stoker via stokerlog from my laptop in the house (if possible). I have a traditional Linksys wireless router that is located downstairs. I assume I could connect the stoker to the router through a long cable (if my wife were out of town!). Are there any simple ways around this?

Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad White:
Now the big question. I would like to monitor the stoker via stokerlog from my laptop in the house (if possible). I have a traditional Linksys wireless router that is located downstairs. I assume I could connect the stoker to the router through a long cable (if my wife were out of town!). Are there any simple ways around this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you can run a cable. That is the simplest way. You can also connect a wireless bridge to the stoker, and have that connect into your wireless network. Not terribly difficult, and there are several threads in this section that can talk you through the set-up.

Back