Baked Potato

Scott Dace

TVWBB Super Fan
I do these on my Weber Kettle. Take some baking potatoes and wash them and dry them, coat lightly with oil (olive works best) then rub with Sea or Kosher salt. Place them on the grill, direct heat, rotating every 15 mins for about 45 mins depending on the size of the spud. You can feel when they are done by squeezing them with your tongs. I've never had better tasting tubers than ones done over charcoal.

Thanks Scott,

was looking for just this exact thing, bake a potato on grill; thats all I wanted to do, no rubs , no special pans , no secret spice from the south of Borneo! ,............ just a potato! Thanks Scott

I have done them on the grill and by just tossing the on the coals and raking coals over the top of them. You can also put them in a pan of water and bring to a boil for a few minutes if you are in a hurry,gets them started cooking quicker.

My usual method: wash and prick potatoes, wrap in foil and stuff 'em in the coals 'til done. Leaves more space on the grill for protein :)

I'm going to try these soon, though. Potatoes is one of the things on my 'wish list' to cook properly on the smoker/grill.

Potato nails sound a little bit scary.

Back