Break the Tie: Throwdown #9 - Pork Loin

Help break the tie! Who's got the best pork loin entry? Vote now!

• Kim Drana: Cuban rotisserie pork loin with peppers and onions

Votes: 48 51.6%
  • John Solak: Corn bread and bacon stuffed pork loin with sausage gravy

Votes: 45 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Well, who'd of thunk it? We had a tie in the voting for Throwdown #9: Pork Loin, between Kim Drana's Cuban rotisserie pork loin with peppers and onions, and John Solak's corn bread and bacon stuffed pork loin with sausage gravy.

Two great entries...but we can have only 1 winner in a throwdown, so by popular demand, we're having another vote to break the tie.

The polls are now open! Time to vote for your favorite pork loin entry!

Here are links to each entry so you can review the photos and descriptions:

The winner receives a copy of Cook's Illustrated: The Science of Good Cooking.

Voting ends on Monday, December 10 at 9:17pm Pacific Time.

Good luck!
Chris

P.S. In the unlikely event of another tie vote, I will flip a coin to determine the winner.

25 to 24 as of Wednesday at 4:50pm? Are you kidding me? I may end up having to flip a coin after all... :)

Regards,
Chris

P L E N T Y of time left.... the winner will be exhausted after all this running!

it'll be interesting to see how many votes the tie breaker brings.... the first poll brought 57 total votes.

it'll be interesting to see how many votes the tie breaker brings.... the first poll brought 57 total votes.

Only 6 away from having as many votes with 5 days to go. I believe the original vote (if not the tiebreaker) have the most votes of any throwdown so far, which is great to see.

I LUVS the bacon, but that Cuban Roti Pork looks so <blankety blank> good! I dunno how to choose between them. Luckily, I waited long enough I don't have to.

Congrats Kim!

This was a great throwdown. And nearly 100 votes for the tie breaker.

Wow! Congratulations to both Kim and John for a great throwdown, but we finally have a winner with Kim's Cuban pork loin!

Kim, check for a PM from me. I need your address so I can send you that copy of Cook's Illustrated: The Science of Good Cooking

As winner of the throwdown, Kim, you get to pick the next ingredient. Given how busy the holidays are for everyone, I was thinking we should not start the next throwdown until January. What does everyone think?

Best regards,
Chris

Given how busy the holidays are for everyone, I was thinking we should not start the next throwdown until January. What does everyone think?

I was thinking the same thing. Either that, or we make it a 6 week contest period to just allow more time.

That sounds good. start in Jan. i really want to try and enter this next one, depending on what the throwdown is! :D

I am fine with January! Thanks everyone for your time and vote! Let the next challenge begin...soon that is! Happy Holidays!

Kim has already picked a killer ingredient for the next throwdown...but that can wait until January. ;)

Regards,
Chris

Congratulations Kim and John! I can't wait to see the next ingredient. January will be nice since the days will be getting longer again, too.

Wow! Congratulations to both Kim and John for a great throwdown, but we finally have a winner with Kim's Cuban pork loin!

Kim, check for a PM from me. I need your address so I can send you that copy of Cook's Illustrated: The Science of Good Cooking

As winner of the throwdown, Kim, you get to pick the next ingredient. Given how busy the holidays are for everyone, I was thinking we should not start the next throwdown until January. What does everyone think?

Best regards,
Chris

Congrats for a great contest. You'll love the book Kim. I have the Kindle version and it is a very informative read. Can't wait to get your idea for Jan.

Back