Fried Chicken on a Weber Kettle

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I made some fried chicken on the kettle the other day and my Wife liked it so much she wanted me to make it again. Who am I to argue plus it is one of my favorite meals too.

Chicken thighs seasoned with some Lawry's Seasoning salt and some black pepper and then rolled in some flour.
IMG_1925.jpg

Chicken fried for approx 7 min each side then finished indirect.
IMG_1931.jpg

Some potatoes cooked in the microwave, cut lengthwise and then fried cut side down for about 6 minutes until they got a nice color on them.
IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

Ready to serve
IMG_1939-1.jpg

Plated with some steamed mixed veggies
IMG_1940.jpg

Last edited:
Love it John!! My favorite way to fry chicken too! Something about letting them drip dry indirect makes them less greasy and yummy!

John I've never done fried chicken on the grill before but this sure make me want to give it a try. Thanks!

Fried chicken is one of the few dishes I continue to do indoors. John you're making me re-think that with your beautiful chicken cooks!

Just found my latest item to try. I will be making fried chicken this weekend. A quick question - Did you just heat the oil in the CI over the direct side and then cook once the oil was at temperature? I assume that the oil would come up to temperature quickly so no issues with one chimney set up 2/3 zone on a 22" weber. I will post my pictures and results by next Monday! Can't wait.

Back