Spent Some $$$.. Now the Waiting Begins

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
Over the last several days I have decided to spend some money. On what you may ask? BBQ stuff of course. After reading all of the posts and reviews and watching Brian Moriarty’s Ribolator video over and over again, I decided I had to have one for myself. But that wasn’t all. I would need a Rotisserie unit as well as a Cajun Bandit to seal the deal and complete the kit. So last week I ordered the Cajun Bandit. Today I ordered the Weber Rotisserie kit and the Robolator along with the DC powered Roto Motor. Now the waiting begins. Please Mr. UPS guy get here soon.

I will be using this set-up in a rib only comp the first saturday in April so I need it soon so I can break it in and get used to it. I will report on the trial cook along with Pics when it happens.

I'm in the same boat--ordered a OTG--it's here, ordered Weber's Rotisserie kit; it's here too. Ordered a 3" thermometer; it's here.

UPS says Cajun Bandit arrives Monday...

tick tick tick....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Dials:

UPS says Cajun Bandit arrives Monday...

tick tick tick.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
More like ... tick .................... tick ................................... tick

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Dials:
I'm in the same boat--ordered a OTG--it's here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are the grocery stores closed in your town? Get to the store, man and throw a steak on that baby!
icon_smile.gif

Steve,

I noticed that we live in the same area. Good luck in the competition. Where abouts is the competition? Wouldn't mind checking it out if its local.

Thanks,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JustinL:
Steve,

I noticed that we live in the same area. Good luck in the competition. Where abouts is the competition? Wouldn't mind checking it out if its local.

Thanks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Justin you are right next door to me. I live in Antelope. Boy I thought I was all alone up here in the Sacramento area. The Rib Comp is in Turlock which is down past Stockton. Its sponsored by Green Leaf BBQ. Not Sanctioned but they do a nice job with these smaller events. Last year my Tri-Tip took 3rd and my chicken took 5th out of 13 teams and because it was the very first(and only)comp I have ever done I was pretty excited about it.

And Hey Brian you are not ruining the suprise. I have drooled over that picture many times already. Oh, and thanks a bunch for taking the time to talk with me the other day and for your awesome advice. Its much appreciated.

Hey Steve,

That's cool, glad to see there's somebody else nearby. Congrats on your outcome last year. I've only been smoking since November but I'm hooked. Maybe at some point I'll be comfortable enough with my abilities to try a competition. It looks like fun. I think Turlock is a little far for me but I noticed there's one in Sac in May so I might try to go to that one. It'd be cool to see how they are.

Once again, good luck!

Back