"State Fair Chicken"

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Inspired by a post late last week by Chris of Baraboo Wisconsin. Chris' chicken looked sooo daggumgood, I needed to try it.
Followed the Cornell recipe with the exception of the amount of salt. I used only 2 small t's instead of the 3 tablespoons it calls for.
I also marinated the legs and thighs for almost two hours.
Half dozen legs and bout four thighs on the OTG with a handful of fingerlings and a Lizboat of carrots n' brocc...
DSCN2702.jpg
DSCN2705.jpg

tossed on a few green onions...plated up everything, popped open a (nother) cold one then sat down to eet this Cornell Chicken.
aka "State Fair chicken"
DSCN2708.jpg

It was all good and certainly will make this again and again and again
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for viewing, Have a swell day!

Wow, Jim! Looks awesome. I've got some "roadside" marinating in the fridge right now for tonight. Hope it turns out half as good as that "state fair" looks. Yum!!

I made my usual marinated chicken last night and over cooked it!
icon_frown.gif
Thats my first time having that happen since I got my Genesis.

Looks great.

When u cook those veg in foil do u add anything but oil maby salt and pepper?

Was a while since i did chicken but this make´s me wanna have it tonight..altho to late only have frozen. Butt tomorrow chicken it is

Regards from karlshamn

//Me

That looks really, really good Jim!!
Last pic is a killer!

Question,
seems like I read on the board somewhere (probably on the huge roadside chicken recipe thread)
that the poster thought roadside tasted a bit like Cornell.
Do you find them similar in taste?
I've made RS, but not Cornell/State Fair, yet.

Thank you guys!
Dan, um, Liz just EVOO's the veggies then added a little water to the boat. that's all, i season them afterwards.
Don, your roadside will be AWESOME as everything you make... no worries here.
and Bob, last night Liz said she likes Cornell butt it does not have the "zip" that roadside does. Roadside is her favourite chicken.
I thought this recipe was/is good. I like it alot. Butt it is not similar in taste to roadside.
Roadside in KingchicKen in our home.
icon_biggrin.gif

That plate looks fantastic wow ! Not being a fan of roadside chicken here I need to try this Cornell chicken ! Ya I know I am the only person here that don't care for RSC .

Grat cook .thanks for posting .

Looks great Jim! My mouth is watering for some Cornell goodness. Glad I could help inspire such a master griller/Q'er and thanks for all the inspiration you give all of us here on the board with all your cooks!
icon_wink.gif

Back