1971, 1973, 1973/74 Weber Recipe Booklets

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
1971 Weber Recipe Booklet

Jay Robins sent me this 1971 Weber recipe booklet that originally sold at Sears & Roebuck for 50 cents. Thanks to Walt Spillane for helping me optimize the file size of the PDF.

This booklet contains "49 recipes for covered cookin'..." and includes information on how to setup a Weber kettle for direct and indirect grilling, how to make your own aluminum foil pan for indirect cooking, an advertisement for 25¢ off Kraft Barbecue Sauce, and a cool advertisement on the inside back cover for the long-lost Weber Mail Chest, the "distinctively different" mailbox made by Weber.

1973 Weber Recipe Booklet

This 1973 version of the same recipe booklet features the same cover design and all the same operating instructions and recipes, but with these changes:

• The Kraft Barbecue Sauce ad is replaced with an ad for Barbecuing The Weber Covered Way, a new cookbook published in June 1972.
  • A introduction page to the Recipes Section is replaced with three cut-out order forms for Barbecuing The Weber Covered Way.
  • The Weber Mail Chests ad is replaced by a new recipe section "Wok Pan Cooking" featuring recipes for Sukiyaki and Chicken Cantonese.

1973/74 Weber Recipe Booklet

This 1973/74 version of the same recipe booklet features the same cover design and all the same operating instructions and recipes, but with these changes:

• On page 5, the face of celebrity spokesman Paul Picerni now appears on the accessories page, and the roast holder accessory replaces the "roastand" accessory.
  • On pages 6-7, the instructions for setting up direct and indirect cooking have been reorganized and rewritten.
  • On page 8, instructions for making a DIY drip pan out of aluminum foil have been replaced with ads for pre-made foil drip pans, barbecue tools, stainless sponges, and grill brushes.
  • All recipes that feature the use of the old "roastand" accessory are updated to indicate use of the new roast stand accessory.

Enjoy,
Chris

Wow Chris - amazing. Simple recipes and I see that Weber even sold mail boxes!
I also loved the simple baste sauce for cornish hens of melted butter and white wine.
You continue to amaze us Chris.

Ray

Thanks for puting this up Chris.

I have to say that the rub for roasting a whole chicken caught my eye.

Salt, Pepper, & MSG (season generously)

I wonder what a mailbox from weber would be worth now in good condition?

Wow Chris - amazing. Simple recipes and I see that Weber even sold mail boxes!
I also loved the simple baste sauce for cornish hens of melted butter and white wine.
You continue to amaze us Chris.

Ray

Back