Lamb chops and lemon potatoes

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
Did Lamb chops some lemon potatoes a greek thing ! No Iam not greek :O) but there is a big greek population around us here ! Did a greek merinade of what we think of as greek and what we had on hand it turned out to be very good if I do say so myself ! Had a nice Greek salad type thing and my wife found some great feta cheese some dang place !

Doing the potatoes on the grill using the bottom half of a CI cooker I got on a shopping ch the other day very pleased with it so far !

And we had a nice Aussie wine ! Yellow Tail carbernet sauvignon cheap but good $6.97 at wally world
icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway since Iam not much at posting pics I did my best !
icon_smile.gif

bbq71110001-1.jpg

bbq71110002-1.jpg

bbq71110005.jpg

bbq71110006.jpg

bbq71110009.jpg

Greek Or not Guy, You made those folks from Greece very PROUD!
I LOVE lamb and the only one I know that does, so I eet it up alone when I get it.
Your plate is FASCINATING! I'd eet that in 10 seconds!
Maybe longer, i cherish lamb!
VeryNiceCookGUY!

A few of my best friends are from Greece ! I worked for the mayor here a lot and he is from Greece We do have a greektown here in downtown Detroit and GREAT food I hardly ever go to Detotit these days ! BUT the best is at a little dive south of Detroit called the Aubur bar And Cafe not cheap and looks like a dump but O man is the GREEK food good there ! I have ate a lot a meals in there cooked by the owner when it was closed at 2 am and watched him cook ! All of us setting around ploting politics kina like a scene from the God father
icon_eek.gif

So I do kina have a tiny bit of knowledge of how to atempt to cook greek food very little but some
icon_smile.gif
Kina like iam not Greek but I slept at a holiday Inn last night
icon_biggrin.gif

May not look it but those chops were cooked on a very hot fire to med rare only took like 2.5 to 3 min .

geezGuy, ya kno, da maw i reed ya post, da maw ya soun like ya from da mab, ya kno?!
icon_biggrin.gif

so ya can cook greek, baa, ya kno...geezGuy, be care-fall, olright?
icon_wink.gif

Great cook love that plate.

The side salad looks great to.

Lamb looks amazing,and that marinade i would love to try.

Bless

I will post the recipe in the proper section asap my wife mixed it with the what I sat out for her ! I know what went in just not the amounts . She has my 1 yr old gran daughter here right now .

And thanks guys we really enjoyed the meal as both of us love lamb .

I love greek flavors, and lamb (cooked any style) and a good greek salad. So you had me wanting some of that plate for sure.

Looks great!! What was in the marinate?

Lamb is about as good as it gets and it looks like you did it well. Beautiful. What kind of grill are you using I didn't recognize it?

Its a couple yr old Kingsford brand ! Duno why but its built like a tank has CI grates.I use it instead of my kettle a LOT it has more cooking surface area . I saw one like it this yrs model and they have cheaped up the grates not CI . But a coat a stove blace beginnig of the yr on the outside and it back to looking new . And you can raise and lower the coals by twisting a thing on the front a big deal when u need to lower temps or slow somthing down !

I really like it a lot ! I normaly smoke my ribs and things in my WSM but IF i need to I can fast cook 4 or 5 slabs on this thing .

My daughter bought it for me 2 or 3 fathers day someplace duno were she got it. I know Wallyworld is selling this yrs version without the CI grates a little less than $200.00

I know its blasphamy not using a Weber all the time
icon_eek.gif

I honestly figured it would fall apart in yr or 2 but its stil looking good . Hey when your kids buy you somthing you use it they thougtht I needed somthing fancier than my old kettles that are 30 yrs old
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope ur kids read this "Hey when your kids buy you somthing you use it they thougtht I needed somthing fancier than my old kettles that are 30 yrs old"

Well if it cook good food then its a nice grill or you´r just a great chef or both.

Keep it up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Hope ur kids read this "Hey when your kids buy you somthing you use it they thougtht I needed somthing fancier than my old kettles that are 30 yrs old"

Well if it cook good food then its a nice grill or you´r just a great chef or both.

Keep it up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duno about good chef but I bet this grill last forever ! I wana buy a 26 inch Weber Kettle and until this things dies I can't justify it
icon_frown.gif

Back