Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How do I upload pics? Are there instructions anywhere?

one more try

TVWBB Fan
    Chris i did a test with pic it worked great only problem i wanted to add a couple pic in the same Post but when i try to upload in using another pic i lose the first and all i entered text. How do you add addition photos in same post.I preview the first to make sure i loaded right. The pic did show but cant add more??
    help
    :wsm18.5:: 22in: 22ingas gril wsm18.5:wsm 18:smokey joe::BABY Q 100

TVWBB Member
    test

Testing pic upload. Is anyone having a issue seeing the above pic? I'm using Google Photos.

UPDATE: After I log out and log back in, I see the same as Dennis. Just an Icon. When I click on the icon, it gives me a screen to sign in Google. Once I log into Google, I see the picture that I posted. So maybe the issue is with the log-in with Google and how you set the "Share" feature. I could not find a Share feature with Google Photos, but Google Drive does have one. I'm going to try again, but this time using Google Drive instead of Google Photos. And setting the picture share setting to All on the web (view only).
    Last edited by Al N.; 07-25-2017 at 05:43 AM.

TVWBB Member
    2nd Try using Google Drive. And changing the Share setting for the specific photo to allow anyone on the web to view only.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxe...VGUTlpcms/view

UPDATE: It is not showing the picture either, but I can right click and open the picture in another tab. Unlike my earlier test, where if I right click, it will bring me to the google log-in page. I guess I'm getting closer. I have to dig a little more into the issue.
    Last edited by Al N.; 07-25-2017 at 07:53 AM.

TVWBB Member
    3rd Try. This time using Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151244...posted-public/

UPDATE: it's not showing, but if you click on the link, it will show the picture.

2nd Try with Flickr
    [IMG]

UPDATE: It works with Flickr. In Flickr, you click on the photo you want, on the bottom, there is an Arrow symbol for sharing, click that, select "BBCode", select the size photo you want, copy the link that is right above the photo size. And finally paste it here. And you should get a photo that shows up on this forum. You can delete some of the text at the end of the code while you are editing it here in the forum if you want to unclutter the photo (no photo title, user name etc). The last items on the code for these 2 photos are ...........jpg[/img][/url] If you delete everything after that, it should unclutter the photo name.

I'm still going to try to figure out how to do it with google drive, but this seems to work well.
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Al N.; 07-25-2017 at 11:05 AM.

TVWBB All-Star
    I wish I can just attach photos directly from my device here instead of hassling with a new hosting site with IMG links and all that.
    A couple of other food forums I belong to allow me to do this and it's just so much easier.
    Grills, smokers, bicycles, telescopes, & etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry C View Post
    Chris i did a test with pic it worked great only problem i wanted to add a couple pic in the same Post but when i try to upload in using another pic i lose the first and all i entered text. How do you add addition photos in same post.I preview the first to make sure i loaded right. The pic did show but cant add more??
    help
    Jerry, here's how it looks when you enter multiple photos using multiple BBCode from Imgur, for example. Each line represents one photo. Just add them one after another, maximum of 10 per post.

And after you preview your post, you need to scroll down the page to get to the edit box again so you can continue typing stuff into your post.

Quote Originally Posted by George L View Post
    I wish I can just attach photos directly from my device here instead of hassling with a new hosting site with IMG links and all that.
    A couple of other food forums I belong to allow me to do this and it's just so much easier.
    Just wanted to acknowledge this comment. I understand it's not ideal the way it is.

It's a tricky issue...the forum software we use allows for linking photos directly into posts, but that feature is not activated. If I turn it on, by default it allows a user to attach 100 photos maximum, organized in a user album. It's up to the user to manage their 100 photo allocation. How useful is just 100 photos? Someone could use that up in just a few posts. So then I have to increase the limit, and that requires more storage space and more download bandwidth, which increases hosting costs. And it can begin to effect software performance and backup time and size. And then I start thinking about how to pay for that, the possibility of paid premium memberships...and that if Photobucket can't afford to offer free photo hosting, how can I afford to offer it? And that photo hosting isn't one of my "core competencies", as we used to say in my previous life in IT. And then I just stop thinking about it.

On the other hand, I can see the convenience of direct image linking and making broken images hosted on third-party sites a thing of the past.

But it's something that percolates in the back of my mind...maybe I can come up with a good solution at some point.

Photo thumbnail posted using a free service from Postimages.org

Hotlinked photo from Postimages.org

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910