Rules for a Throwdown

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

The idea of having throwdowns* here on TVWBB came from members, as did these throwdown rules.

• A member may submit multiple entries in a throwdown. For example, if having a hamburger throwdown, a member can submit an entry for a buffalo burger, a turkey burger, a blue cheese burger, etc.
  • Each entry must be submitted separately as an individual post. For example, one post for a buffalo burger, one post for a turkey burger, etc.
  • The throwdown ingredient must be cooked using a grill or smoker fired by charcoal, wood, propane, or natural gas.
  • Each entry may include a maximum of 10 photos showing prep, cooking, and presentation. Feel free to explain your process with written descriptions in your post.
  • Photo collages are allowed, but each photo in the collage counts towards the 10 photo limit. In other words, you cannot post 4 photo collages containing 5 photos each for a total of 20 images.
  • Include a concise title as part of your submission. This title will be used to describe your submission during the voting process. For example, "Buffalo burger with sweet potato fries and roasted veggie salad". If no title is provided, the moderator will write one for the voting.
  • The moderator will post a 7 day poll in which all members can evaluate the entries and vote for their favorite.
  • In the event of a tie between two or more entries, the moderator will post another 7 day poll to break the tie. In the unlikely event of another tie, the moderator will flip a coin or conduct a random drawing to determine a winner.
  • The winner of a throwdown has the privilege of deciding the next throwdown food item.

Good luck!
Chris

* Popularized by the Food Network television program "Throwdown! with Bobby Flay", in which celebrity chef Bobby Flay challenges cooks renowned for a specific dish or type of cooking to a cook-off of their signature dish.

Last edited:
I'm saying one can get more than one vote using something other than a Weber, like an Indoor Appliance.:)

Tim

oh.
well,
i missed that.:rolleyes:

hmmm, okay, well, i went back to see where my vote was placed and i feel pretty good about it.
so good in fact, i think i'll celebrate just a little tonight.

Tim, thank you for pointing that out. ;)

You might want to consider limiting picture sizes to 640X480 or 800X600, they currently take a long time to load given that each entry has multiple pics.

I've added a rule requesting that each submission include a concise title describing the entry, e.g. "Buffalo burger with sweet potato fries and grilled veggie salad". The title will be used to describe the entry during the voting. If no title is included, I will write one for the voting.

I feel like it's better for the contestants to describe their own entries on the voting ballot than for me to do it. Just keep them of reasonable length.

In Throwdown #14: Carne Asada, I noticed a couple of entries included more than 10 photos. Just a gentle reminder of the 10 photo rule...it forces you to pick your photos carefully!

I've added a clarification about photo collages. These are common on Instagram...an arrangement of photos in a single image file. Photo collages are OK, but each photo in the collage counts towards the 10 maximum photo limit.

For example, you can post 2 photo collages containing 5 images each (10 total images), but you cannot post 4 photo collages containing 5 images each (20 total images).

Chris.... Once you've posted to a Throwdown in the Challenge Pit, is it permissible to post those pictures to another gallery, for instance Photo Gallery?

Back