1981 "C" Smokey Joe parts

Chris G FL

Hi Everyone,

So I picked up a pretty old Smokey Joe "C" that was made in 1981 and I would like to restore it. It needs a new cooking grate and charcoal grate. Any recommendations? Will the current Smokey Joe parts fit this model?

Last edited:
Chris, Howdy;

Don't see why not ...
You could measure it and /or borrow a set from a buddy to check it out.

hank

Ok so,.for future reference..... All of the current smokey joe cooking grates and charcoal grates work for the older models.

If I were you, I'd call Weber Customer Service at 800-446-1071. Hopefully they can offer the best info.

Regards,
Chris

I'm in love with my Craycort cast iron grates for my Smokey Joe - before buying new cooking grates at least peek at these, see if they fit. They may not be for everyone, but I love the even heat, the grill marks, everything just tastes better with them.

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

Enjoy your 1981 SJ! That was the year Raiders of the Lost Ark came out, one of my favorite years. :)

Laura

nice find. i'm still looking for one as it was the first weber i bought. when my parents moved, someone threw it away.
one suggestion is to fix a few weaknesses. one is to install ss washers between the leg and the outside of the bowl as its kind of a weak spot.
also replace the inside washer and wing nut with ss hardware also. also need to treat that handle with something to preserve and protect it.

I have a C Smokey Joe also. It is the same size as current production, so what ever you buy for it will fit. I also picked up a Craycort grate, just love that addition.

Back