Kevin Kruger

JimH TX

TVWBB Pro
I need some help. I bought some Aleppo pepper, adobo seasoning and Chinese sezhhuan peppercorns. I need somevrecipes to showcase them. Actually I could use that advice for a lot of spices, rosemary, etc. Let's start with what I have bought, we can work on the rest later.

"Adobo seasoning" is somewhat generic. Does it list the ingredients?

Aleppo is easy to showcase. One thing you can do is use it alone - as a sprinkle on pizza or eggs, tossed with salads, etc. It works very well in rubs. Use it instead of paprika (which has virtually no flavor when used in rubs) and moderate whatever is in the rub for heat.

Szechuan pepper can be used alone or in blends as well. Let me get to my other computer to see if I have links to any of my already written stuff.

I am hoping this link works. It seems to for me. (One thing about this new forum is the search function is pretty bad.) Here is a rub recipe that makes good use of Aleppo, imo.

For the Szechuan pepper try, first, making your own 5-spice blend. Use it alone or use the blend as an ingredient in another rub mix. See the first line here for 5-spice ingredients, then read a little below for its use in a rub.

I tried them alone, ground. I just don't know what to expect. It's like black pepper, if you ever had it ground Vs freshly cracked, it's a grand canyon of a difference.

Back