Hello from Alabama!

RCBaughn

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi there guys,
I am a 24 year old college student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and recently purchased a new Weber Performer charcoal grill! I have never grilled with charcoal so this will be a completely new and learning experience. I also own a Weber Spirit E-310 and have only ever had experience cooking with gas, so the charcoal thing will be all new to me. I'll probably be posting a lot of questions and reading a whole lot of information from this forum and from those who know better than me. I look forward to learning the secrets to attaining great food from charcoal!

-Cory

Welcome to the forum Cory!
Head out to your local Lowe's and pick up two 20lb bags of Kingsford for 10 bucks... today is the last sale day.

or

wait until next weekend when Home Depot sells two 14lb Kingsford bags for 6.88.

either way, you'll have more fun and add more flavour to your cooks with charcoal.
weber-smiley.gif

Will do Jim! Thanks for the heads up! I still gotta put the ole girl together but that will be a good little project for this evening. I love doing projects like that, I just have to get motivated to do them! LOL.

There is no better way to cook than with charcoal, period,end of discussion....IMHO...........

Welcome Cory.
You will learn a lot from reading this forum, I know I have. The performer is an easy transition from gas and you will love it. I am sure you'll be the most popular guy on campus soon.
-Lee

Welcome, Cory! You are gonna love cooking food using charcoal.

Be sure to post some pics of your future cooks in the Photo Gallery.

Welcome aboard. Just north of you near Huntsville here. Good folks and plenty of experience along with great cooking ideas here.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys! I can't wait to get my grill put together, I just have to get the time and get motivated. I figure it is going to take a while to assemble the Performer. And thanks Dwain, I love Huntsville. It is such a great town.

And Ed, I am heading over there right now to post a pic of my most recent burger!

Last edited:

Back