BBQ Gloves from Tractor Supply

Bryan B

TVWBB Fan
Hello,

Does anyone use these gloves for handling hot meat/pulling pork?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/master-guard-men-s-black-pvc-coated-gloves-with-knit-wrist-6349606

I searched the forums for BBQ gloves and most recommend the Steven Raichlen ones or the texasbbqrub.com ones.

those look good, however I need them for Saturday so I will not be able to ship them in time.

I saw a post in my search from someone who said they use PVC coated gloves from tractor supply.

Can anyone else confirm if the gloves I have linked to are safe for handling hot meat?

Thanks in advance!

Skip the gloves. A pair of forks works very well.

Although they sell "bear claws"

51aMZun-1UL._SX300_.jpg

for pulling meat, regular dinner forks (the kind you eat with) are just fine.

Not sure if the pvc gloves would be food safe. Until you can get some food safe ones, put on cotton work gloves then a pair of food handling disposable gloves over the cotton ones.. Cheap by the box.

Not sure. They might work. I use heavy duty black nitrile disposable gloves over poly knit ones, and got both at Harbor Freight.

I used to use the Bear Claws, and you can certainly use forks, but I like to be able to control how fine I pull the pork. While I have nothing against it finely shredded or chopped with a Carolina finishing sauce, especially on a bun, around here we often try to leave the pork in thumb sized chunks. If I cooked it the way I like, basically, the meat has mostly fell apart down to thumb size and smaller by the time I PULL out what's left of connective tissue and fat.

I'm going to second or third the use of cotton gloves with a latex or nitrile glove over it. Works well for me.

Those Texas BBQ Rub gloves look good. Only $12 per pair, with free shipping.

I went on and ordered two pair at that price. I'll give one to a friend.

Do you have an Ace hardware around? They might have some good BBQ gloves. I love mine for puling meat off the pit. They are a bit cumbersome for pulling the meat itself.

Back