Is this an Iron Chef forum or a Throwdown forum?

I see no problem the way it is. The title of the post should explain wether it's a throwdown, battle or etc. I think both the throwdown and battles are fun and hope to enter a pizza soon. I like the throwdown because its a menu item (pizza, potato, burger etc.) I think the battle is a good format as well because it focuses on a single ingredient to challenge. Keep both.

-rog

personally, i'd like to see it named Kettle Stadium, but that might even be less self explanatory

As long as there's support, let's keep both. I hope to see another team or two form for future battles. A call for team members here: It's fun people! Give it a shot!
Kettle Stadium has a nice ring to it, but as you say Jeff, it may not convey info to newer folks...

I'm with Gary.

Though I haven't competed, I've judged, and the Iron Chef format is great. Put a team together, and challenge someone.

Yeah, I ask because it seems the Iron Chef idea kind of fizzled and it's been all about throwdowns lately.

Anyone else care to offer an opinion?

Thanks!
Chris

I agree that maybe the name needs to evolve. I have skipped over this section many times without even looking cause it sounded like a formal TV competition. Glad I finally viewed several of the posts.
Regardless of the name how about a stickie post at the top to describe the goal and general procedure of these challenges?

Mike

How do the monthly challenges get chosen? I would love to be preparing for next month tonight!
The first challenge was chosen by concensus, then the winner of each battle has chosen the subsequent challenge. Whoever wins the pizza challenge will get to decide.

Regards,
Chris

As a newcomer to the site, I must admit, I passed over this section due to the name, thinking it was about "competition bbq", of which I have no interest. However, it is a showdown of members here, just......well, showing their cooking skills on the grill. I do like the name Kettle Stadium, great ring to it. But whatever it is, it needs to be something that will bring in more participants. How about " October's Member Cook-Off (or throwdown or battle)----BBQ Chicken & Sides. Announce at the beginning of the month, and allow at least two-three weeks to enter, and vote. Giving the winner a week to come up with the next battle, or have members submit ideas to create a list of upcoming events. Might even show the next six months of contests so that some super prep could be done for outstanding presentations.)))))):::::::::::::::> d

I've got a suggestion:

The Weber Monthly (or Weekly) Throwdown.

This covers the Gassers, WSM's & Kettles. Anything Weber.

Just throwing it for consideration. Like some previous posters have stated, I've passed right over the Iron Chief topic previously thinking it was a Pro Gig. Just discovered it with the link posted at the top of the page.

Great fun though. Can't wait to enter one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember the voting turnout for the previous Throwdowns up to #7, but #7 only had 20 total votes. This last one, #8, had a much better turn out with 51 votes. Given the amount of member traffic on any given day, I would imagine the voting turnout could be improved to at least 100 if TVWBB Throwdown (or something similar) were used in place of Iron Chef.

Back