What's the easiest way of installing packages from the linkmeter build environment?

Dave Casazza

TVWBB Fan
Built new platform, flashed ok.
Able to log-in, LinkMeter Pit graphic is shown, so all looks good.

Any easy way of installing new packages (that were built from the menu menuconfig (exit and save); make environnment)?

Thoughts:
Host a web service and use opkg to install the packages from a web service (a lot of work).
sftp over the packages and install from local mount? (not much space available, also need to get sftpd installed and running).

Anything easy?

Thanks,

Dave

I build on Linux so I just have a symlink to the bin/(target) directory in my vhost root (/var/www/.). I usually open a web browser on the machine I'm working from and navigate to the package list and right-click "Copy link location" and then do the opkg install (paste).

For individual files I'm working on, like libiwinfo.so, I scp them from the build machine like:
scp bmayland@bacon:eek:penwrt-rpi/build_dir/targetblahblahblah/iwinfo/libiwinfo.so /usr/lib/.

For scripts and such I work on them on the target device then scp them back to the build machine when I'm done and ready to test as a package.

Last edited:

Back