Hi from Mechanicsburg, PA (near Harrisburg)

BMonkman

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I have been grilling and smoking (with serious intent) for about 4 years. And am absolutely loving it.

My equipment is a 22.5" Weber charcoal grill w/Smokenator. I hope to get a 22.5" WSM in new year. Socking the $$$ away as we speak.

So far my grilling and smoking experience has been pretty limited - brisket, beer can chicken, planked salmon, ribs, pork roast, smoked pork chops, london broil. I also did an overnight smoke of a 8 lb. turkey for Thanksgiving. (That turned out pretty good.)

My goal is to master the tools at hand so I concentrate on creating something unique, ingredients wise. I love to experiment.

Looking forward to learning a lot here and sharing the joy of grilling/smoking with everyone.

Brian

Welcome aboard Brian! You will find a multitude of unique cooks on this site and everyone is here to assist you along the way.

For the Central PA folks how about trying to coordinate at least a "shared beverage" at a competition I am going to New Holland on Aug 24 and 25 to look around any others going
Where is a good spot in the area to purchase a 18 WSM !!!

For the Central PA folks how about trying to coordinate at least a "shared beverage" at a competition I am going to New Holland on Aug 24 and 25 to look around any others going

Richard I would buy it from Amazon through the link on this board. Free shipping, no tax and Chris gets the credit for the purchase.

@Richard M - I was thinking the very thing actually. My daughter-in-law is getting married on the 25th, so it would have to be the 24th. Are you there for both days?

@V_Rocoo - thanks for the welcome. How far across the M-D Line? I used to live just outside Bel Air.

Hey, welcome Brian! I look forward to some good recipes and pics, I'm new here myself. Great people here though! Enjoy!

What's going on in New Holland?

Not to jump in at the middle, but where do you find out about these local competitions? Is there a magic website that they all get listed in or is it more that you are familiar with the area and the local happenings?

Not to jump in at the middle, but where do you find out about these local competitions? Is there a magic website that they all get listed in or is it more that you are familiar with the area and the local happenings?

There wasn't any one site I went to. I started with KCBS (http://www.kcbs.us/) and went to the events section. I then just followed a meandering trail. Went to event sites - clicked on sponsors - found another event site and so on.

I also look at The Smoke Ring (http://www.thesmokering.com/) on a regular basis. This site links to lots of BBQ/Smoke/Grilling sites.

Hope this helps Brad.

Back