Passing on the tradition - Making ABT's

My son really wanted to learn how to make ABT's and has been showing a lot of interest in all things related to outdoor cooking lately. I'm happy to teach him what I know and learn some new things together. All I did was hold a camera while he did all the work.....

Sliced and removed the seeds and core...
7681292232_d6b37f140b_z.jpg

Stuffed with chive and onion cream cheese mixed with a mix of cheddar and colby jack cheese, then wrapped in 1/2 slices of bacon and sprinkled on some rub....
7681291604_aa9eec628d_z.jpg

7681290790_ba73ecc0fd_z.jpg

Cooked indirect on the kettle until the bacon got crisp. Tasted awesome!
7681289782_456cbc67d4_z.jpg

7681289090_005c95ecf0_z.jpg

EXCELLENT Turds Andy!
You need to give your son a RAISE after cookin' like that! AWESOME!
I'd EET that entire plate!

My son (14 y.o.) has started to take interest in outdoor cookin this summer. He started firing up my smokey joe for hotdogs at the beginning of summer then moved onto burgers. A couple of weeks ago I came home and found that he had discovered and grilled my Prime New York strip, that was stashed in the back of the freezer, for lunch. Couldn't complain too much since at least he didn't try to fry it up in on the stove :eek:

Anyway I find it great when kids show interest in outdoor cooking, too many of today's 20 something's have no clue how to properly cook outdoors or use a charcoal grill.

Those ABTs look awesome, keep up the good eats

WTG! I hope to have my girl that wants to cook like mommy makes her way out to the grill and smoker on a regular basis. She comes out for tubed meat but she wants to learn the call of the grill. And I could be no prouder. If you can cook on fire you can cook on constant burner. So proud of a 9 year old. I have a great kid!

Back