Help me determine the year please!

TonyG

TVWBB Fan
Hi all,

First I would like to say that I LOVE the new forum software! I found what looks like a pretty good deal on CL for a weber stainless steel. I am hoping that everyone can help me narrow down the year and model (I think that it is a 2007 or newer S320). Please share any input about what you think about it.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/app/3173475981.html

Thanks,
Tony

I'd offer $200 on my way over there and not care what year it is. Grills like my 10 year old Silver B are going for $175-$200 on CL around here, and that is MUCH newer.

Yep, no worries about what year it is. $225 is a good deal so if you can get it for less, all the better. I rebuilt two Webers for my son-in-laws and have $200 (each) into them and very happy with them. That said, I'd much rather have that S-320 for that kind of money. Heck, my doors got bent and Weber want's over $100 for a new set. You could have an entire grill for about $100 more. Better get it before it's gone.

Thanks for the replies! I paid the asking price for the grill, $225. It hasn't been cooked on a lot but has a couple of cosmetic issues (thus the wife telling this guy she wanted a new grill to go with the new house).

It is a 2009 -
1. The temperature gauge has a crack but still works.
2. The handle for the lid has a dent in it and the silver paint is chipping (on the part near the lid)
3. The bottom left door has a dent in it (near the edge) and the doors do not align properly
4. The electric ignition system is hanging by the wires without the top part that you press to create the spark

Other than these four issues, the rest of the grill is perfect. I will replace the ignition, temp guage and the handle on the lid. I will also align the doors properly but likely will not replace the dented one (its not that bad).

I bought my 2003 (Silver C) about 4 years ago off of CL and it has been a great grill, I already have it sold for $100. So $125 for a S320 seems to be a great deal!

1 and 4 can be fixed pretty cheaply and easily. That's a steal. If the guy upgraded to a Summit, you should go tell his wife how bad it looks in front of their new house.

I would be very happy with that grill for that price even with all those issues. You did great. Enjoy.

Well, I just ordered:
1. Temp guage
2. Lid handle
3. Ignition system
4. Weber emblem

for about $64 (including $7 flat shipping) - not too bad

For two doors the cost will be $105 plus $7 flat shipping rate - I may order them as a Christmas gift to myself.

I am VERY happy with my purchase. She cooks like a dream!

Last edited:

Back