Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk

Been watching and waiting to see if the poll warrants installing this "Free For All" Tapatalk app...

I use Google Chrome on my tablet. I'm not sure why I would need anything else.
    Vern
    Nothing but Weber equipment: Performer Grill , 18.5" WSM

I'd have tapatalk and would gladly use it if available. that said, the mobile site is excellent,.

Bump.

Would really like to use TT for TVWBB.

Any progress? Is there cost involved? I thought that it would work with this board's software.
    22" Simpsons Anniversary OTG, 18" Estancia Vineyards OTS, Simpsons Smokey Joe, "War-torn" Black Smokey Joe, Genesis Silver C Gasser, "rescued" black 22" OTS

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    For tablets, you can switch to a mobile view of this site. Just go to the bottom left of this page and switch from Default Style to Default Mobile View. It's not Tapatalk, but it's optimized for mobile. Smartphones automatically get the mobile view when they hit tvwbb.com.

Regards,
    Chris
    During down time at work I sometimes ck the site on the iPhone using the mobile site. One thing I've noticed is it doesn't attach my signature when I respond to a thread on the iPhone. No biggie -- just something I noticed.
    ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Big Deck BBQ and Brew

Bump. I'd really like to use tapatalk here.
    ---
    ♨ Jumbo Joe, 22.5" OTG, Char-Broil TBE ♨

The more I look at Tapatalk, the less I see what's in it for me as a forum operator. Yes, some people like to use it. But Tapatalk makes money by selling the app to users and I don't make anything. Everytime someone with a mobile phone visits the forum, they're hit with a pop-up box suggesting that they buy the Tapatalk app. Every post from someone using Tapatalk ends with a signature that advertises Tapatalk. And there are reports of some technical problems when installing Tapatalk on vBulletin 4.

I'm leaning toward not doing it.

Tapatalk will increase traffic to the forum and give more access to members, moderators and admin.

Tapatalk signatures are a choice of the user, they can choose if they are there and what they say.

Sent from my mobile Etch A Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    The more I look at Tapatalk, the less I see what's in it for me as a forum operator. Yes, some people like to use it. But Tapatalk makes money by selling the app to users and I don't make anything. Everytime someone with a mobile phone visits the forum, they're hit with a pop-up box suggesting that they buy the Tapatalk app. Every post from someone using Tapatalk ends with a signature that advertises Tapatalk. And there are reports of some technical problems when installing Tapatalk on vBulletin 4.

I'm leaning toward not doing it.
    The main benefit is for users because it makes reading and replying much easier on a tablet, but the forum does get listed in Tapatalk for people to find. In the poll you did on Tapatalk, the majority of people are interested in using it.
    ---
    ♨ Jumbo Joe, 22.5" OTG, Char-Broil TBE ♨

Quote Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
    In the poll you did on Tapatalk, the majority of people are interested in using it.
    Not sure how good my polling methodology was. People who want to use Tapatalk were highly motivated to take the poll and say they wanted to use it, while the vast majority of members did not bother to take the poll. There are over 900 active members per month, but not even 10% of that number have taken the poll since November 23, 2012.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast