Do not mark subscriptions as SPAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Many members like to use subscriptions to keep up to date with the discussion here on TVWBB. You can subscribe to a forum, a particular thread, or even a particular member and receive regular email updates.

If you're going to use the subscription feature, please be responsible and manage your subscriptions. Click "Settings" at the top of the page to go into your profile and delete any subscriptions you no longer want to receive. Or, each email contains an unsubscribe link...click that to stop receiving the notification for that thread or forum or member.

Please, please, please...do not mark e-mail subscriptions as spam in your e-mail program! Your internet service provider (ISP) tracks this information and when enough people say that TVWBB subscriptions are spam, your ISP will ban all TVWBB e-mails from being delivered. A number of members are marking subscriptions as spam in an attempt to stop receiving them, but that stops everyone at your ISP from receiving TVWBB registration e-mails, password reminder e-mails, and subscriptions.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
Chris

Wanted to revive this thread as a reminder to members. PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ABOVE. DO NOT MARK AS SPAM the email notifications you receive. Every email contains an unsubscribe link, please use that.

I opened up the inbox of the email server associated with the discussion forum -- something I NEVER do -- and I see block notices from att.net and verizon.net. That means EVERYONE on this forum using these providers for email are probably not getting emails from tvwbb.com. I have to file an appeal with them to remove the block. It's a pain in the butt.

So please please please...unsubscribe properly. Don't mark as spam!

I've also found rejections for Comcast.net and Bigpond.com and Q.com (CenturyLink.com). All use a reputation service called Cloudmark that is telling these ISPs to reject messages from tvwbb.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back