Did Brinkmann charcoal pans change?

Briann R

I ordered 114-0002-0 "Charcoal Pan" from Bass Pro shops, it arrived today so I pulled it from the box and was gonna replace the WSM stock pan since I used it yesterday and had to clean it anyway.

The pan I got from Bass pro shops doesn't come close to fitting on the last set of holders in the WSM. It's substantially smaller circumference than the stock pan.

I just pulled up BPS' website and that number comes up empty. I called up all Brinkmann items and a charcoal pan is not listed, only their water pan, which is 13.5" in diameter. I know they use to carry this item but is it possible you got the water pan instead?

Link

Bill

Maybe they sent you the wrong pan. There should be a sticker on the bottom with the part number.

That's what happened - got the water pan. Must have been a packaging error - the diameter of what they sent me is 13.5" right on.

Now I'm wishing I didn't pull the sticker off the bottom and throw it away already!

Ya! Apparently they're OOS on the charcoal pan so they grabbed the water pan by mistake and sent that. Good news is that they aren't making me send back the water pan since it's such a small amount of $$ and they'll send the charcoal pan when it's in stock.

At least they stepped up that way so I don't have to dick with sending this one back and getting reimbursed for postage!

Back