StokerBot Android App

Erik Gilling

I've started a Stoker app for Android. Functionality is pretty basic right now. It will monitor your temperature probes and has settings to let you change the IP address and refresh rate. I hope to add log saving, sensor config, and a widget as development continues. The app should work on any android device running Gingerbread (2.3.3) and up.

I'm not quite ready to post to Play Market right now so you can download the APK at: http://www.konkers.net/stokerbot/StokerBot.apk

Any feedback is appreciated.

stokerbot_screen1.jpg

Thanks for the interest.

I added graphing over the weekend as well as fixed many bugs. Most notably, the App would ignore the ip address setting and always attempt to talk to my stoker (doh!). I've updated the APK and screen shot in the original post to reflect the change.

This is awesome because I need an app for my tablet! I downloaded the latest version last night on my Coby and it crashes whenever I open the app and turn it on. Am I doing something wrong or is it still work in progress? My Coby has Android 2.3.3 on it. Thanks!

Kevin, it is definitely still a work in progress. In order to track down what's crashing, I'm going to need a android "bugreport." Send me and email at stokerbot@konkers.net and we can sort out how to extract that from your tablet.

Back