favorite BBQ sauce

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
Hey everyone, I am not a big sauce fan as I like my ribs ,chicken ect to have a more crispy exterior.I enjoy dipping more if I feel like some sauce.But my wife and daughter like some sauce so I have been putting sauce on my ribs at the end. I have been playing with it some and found that craft chicken and rib sauce is the best but I have amped it up some by adding some pepper,a dab of hot sauce,a little liquid smoke and a generous helping of H.P steak sauce,I must admitt it is very nice with a bit of tang that people raved about (from the H.P). I warm it up on the WSM and apply to the ribs for last 20 mins and set some out for dipping. I feel this recipe is a winner and was wondering what you all thought about it and what your favorite sauce recipe is.

Thanks

I like Stubbs original BBQ sauce because it's not too sweet like Sweet Baby Rays. Sometimes I like to give it a few drops of Tabasco hot sauce to kick it up a notch.

There are more than a few folks here that make their own and if I have time I'd like to try some of the recipes. I'd like to make the #5 sauce and the Lexington sauce found in the recipe section.

Oh and one more thing...... Great last name Andy!!!
icon_cool.gif

Not a big sauce guy here, but if need be, it's Sweet Baby Ray's original.

I also have used Steve Petrone's No. 5 Sauce with great reviews.
icon_smile.gif

For ribs, I like Sweet Baby Ray's original. For pulled pork, my family loves the Carolina Mustard sauce I make from a recipe at amazingribs.com

I'll use whatever I've got on hand. But my favorite(and it never lasts) is Sticky Fingers Ternnessee Whiskey.
And if I'm feeling ambitious,I've got a couple of recipes that make good stuff!

I notice most people like a sweet sauce, like I said I am not a sauce guy but when I do dip I like a more sour or tangy sauce I guess I must be the odd man out.

The Sriracha/Orange marmalade sauce found here makes a fantastic sauce for chicken either to glaze with and/or dip with. Adjust the sweet/hot to your liking.

I like Williamson Bros. I saw Cooks Country Test Kitchen on GPTV and they did a blind tasting and Bullseye Original was the best. I've been reading lately about Blues Hog BBQ Sauce. I've ordered the rub already and am gonna order the sauce next.

Haven't tried a whole lot but so far the leader is Big Bob Gibson's Championship Red Sauce. I also like Blues Hog TN Red Sauce with pulled pork.

Back