Weber Wok!

Aram C

TVWBB Member
I broke in the new wok yesterday. It's very nice, but since there's no heat regulating, you have to only use recipes that don't require turning the temp down for simmering. If you haven't seen these, you need the special grate that has a removable center so the wok doesn't rock.
This is beef with broccoli and fava beans.
Wok.jpg

Nice setup Aram. I use a wok with my coals banked in the back of the kettle. I pull the wok or pan closer to me when I need to adjust the heat. It works really well with a ci pan or wok since the cast iron heats evenly. I also use a flat bottom one.

Man that looks really nice and the food looks terrific! I've been thinking about a wok but can't decide which one i want. The only disadvantage I can see to this one is, like you said, there's really no way to turn the heat down for simmering. Otherwise, looks great.

Did the beef/broccoli with fava beans have a smokey taste to it, after doing it on the WSM?

Or was this done on the WSM for fun / as an alternative to an electric stove?

Cool setup, Aram.

Directly over coals = high heat
Move wok to indirect area = simmer
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

OR, since the wok (in this case) fits into the ring in the center of the grate and you can't move it, you could use the char-baskets and move the heat source. It'd be a little tricky since the hinged sections of the grate would only open maybe 45 degrees, max, with the wok in place, but it could work.

Back