Salmon or Halibut Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Murtiashaw

TVWBB Member
Jamie,

I have all of your Weber grilling books including the latest "Way to Grill" and they are great. My favorite that I always gravitate back to is the red "Big Book of Grilling". That's the one that showed me after all of these years how to grill perfect salmon by starting it flesh side down. We are fast approaching that time of the year when fresh wild Alaska salmon will be plentiful, so I wonder if you would share some of your favorite salmon recipes, maybe even one of your secret yet to be published favorites. And since halibut is now an almost year round source for those of us in Alaska maybe your halibut favorites, too.

Thanks and keep those books coming. We all need the great resources you provide.

Tom

Tom,

Salmon season is a glorious time of the year. Not only are the wild salmon plentiful and fantastic, but at the same time we get spoiled with a huge selection of spring and summer produce. I can't reveal just yet what I have planned for future grilling books, though I can direct you to a salmon recipe you probably haven't tried yet. I developed it in 2003 for Bon Appetit magazine. Here it is: Grilled Salmon with Creamy Horseradish Sauce. I hope it hits the spot for you.

http://www.epicurious.com/reci...eradish-Sauce-108290

Jamie

Looks like a great recipe. I find too many salmon recipes that use a sweet glaze and that's not my style. This sounds great!

Thanks Jamie, we will give this one a try with some of the Copper River Red Salmon that are beginning to arrive in the stores.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back