First Brisket - High Heat method

Nick W

Today was my second cook on my 18.5" WSM and I must say that it turned out better than i anticipated. After much debate and numerous hours filtering through the information on this site, I decided to try the high heat method for my first brisket. Best cut i could find (without going to a butcher) was a 7.75lb from Wegmans.
IMG_0423.jpg

Brought her home, trimmed her up according to the prep section that i read through on here.
IMG_0415.jpg

Then i used some Worcestershire sauce and Texas BBQ original rub to coat her.
IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

The brisket went back in the fridge for the next two hours while i prepped the WSM and made my BBQ sauce.
Once the grill was up and running (I started her using the Standard method), I waited until the thermometer was reading 375 and then the meat went on. 2 hours later the internal temp was at 170 and i put her in the foil and back on the grill. It stayed in the foil on the grill for 2hrs and 20 minutes. Couldnt help it as i was busy drinking beer at a friends. Came home, pulled it out and stuck it in new foil and a cooler for 30 minutes. The final product is below. It was Awesome. Thanks so much for all the help and advice.
IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Very nice. If you're going to do a flat on;y and not a packer, that's what to look for. Great job.

Back