Jerky

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

There used to be numerous jerky recipes on the board, where did they go? I don't see them anywhere. I bought 5.5 # of bottom round at Tom Thumb today and want to make some jerky.

Mike, I have used the recipe/method on Stogies home page and it is great. My first batch I used some bottom round and top round. The top round was by far a better meat for jerky. It had much less fat than the bottom. Have it sliced at the grocery store. I have also made some from deer and it was even better than the beef. You can't go wrong with Stogies recipe.

Ed

Is the 1 table spoon of tender quick that the referenced recipes call for enough to keep the meet from spoiling if I don't refegerate after smoking?

I got my father interested in smoking meats and he bought a WSM (same place I got mine a year ago) while he was down visiting back in Jan. He sent me an email yesterday telling me he was attempting to smoke some bear meat that he got from a friend of his. Basically, he's using a recipe his buddy gave him to make smoked bear jerky on the WSM. I'm trying to get him to take some pics and send me a summary of how it turned out....hopefully he does. If he does I'll try and post the results when I get a chance early next week. MMM...smoke. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back