5th Annual Lodi Valley Brewbque

Mike Goethel

TVWBB Fan
The Lodi/Lake Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the 5th Annual Lodi Valley Brewbque. The date of the event is Saturday, September 29, in Lodi, WI.

The barbecue competition is focused on ribs. We're non-sanctioned but use similar rules and judging criteria as KCBS events. We also make sure we have plenty of KCBS certified judges!

We're excited to have the homebrew competition return, thanks to the Wisconsin Homebrew Bill being signed into law earlier this month.

More information about the rib & homebrew competition is available on the Lodi/Lake Wisconsin Chamber web site, including entry forms.

http://www.lodiwisconsin.com/brew-b-que/

Mike

Hey Mike. Not sure whether I'll make it this year since we will probably be travelling out west sometime in September. I do have a question for ya though. Lake Aerohead up here near Wisconsin Rapids is considering having some sort of non-sanctioned competiton this summer. The have asked me what needs to be done re licensing, etc. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Dan Norberg (2 Fat Bikers)

Hey Dan. If they do end up doing a comp in the Rapids, I would love to go and compete in it. Any contest close to home is better than traveling.

Peter, thanks & looking forward to seeing you in September.

Dan, hope to see Two Fat Bikers competing in Lodi sometime soon. I'll pull together some info. from our Chamber about licensing/permits. Do you want me to post here?

Six weeks to go for the 5th Annual Lodi Valley Brewbque on Saturday, September 29 in Lodi, WI. We feature a rib competition, along with homebrew, chili, and salsa competitions. We're still looking for teams and KCBS certified judges. This is not a KCBS sanctioned event, however we utilize KCBS rules and KCBS certified judges for the official judging. We also have a People's Choice/VIP award.

All information for teams and judges is posted on the Lodi, WI Chamber of Commerce web site:
http://www.lodiwisconsin.com/brew-b-que/

Mike

Mike ,we will be cooking for a fundraiser golf outing at Kestrel Ridge in Columbus.The proceeds go to benefit Columbia Countys D.A.R.E. Program .Robbins Manufacturing ,who is my employer lost 2 employees to drug overdoses in the last year and one was a son of a good friend . Robbins has decided to sponsor this outing to help a program thats been hurt by cutbacks etc. They asked if we could help out with the cooking. We have decided that we need to help with this. Coz

Check sent this morning! I haven't been able to cook this event for a couple of years due to other committments, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll bring the necessities for the 9:22am gathering.

Mike, the competition is starting to heat up! I'm glad your schedule allows you to join us this year. And thanks for bringing back the "necessities" for the cook's meeting... we have not maintained that tradition very well over the past few years.

Mike

Back