Drop-In Grills vs Portable?

JLester

I built an outdoor kitchen last year for my WSM, grill, and cabinet. At the time, I made the grill space big enough to just take the side tables off my Charbroil and slide it in. The Charbroil is starting to fall apart and I am looking at replacing it. I was originally going to get one of the Weber drop-in grills, but I got some sticker shock when I started checking prices. The other one I considered is from Calflame, for about $800. I would just need to frame up that side of my setup to hold the drop-in grill.

I now see that the 2011 Genesis models have moved the knobs to the front, so I could possible remove the tables from one of those and slide it in where my Charbroil currently sits. I am assuming the Genesis would last much longer than the Charbroil (about 4 years old and completely rusting away.)

Here is my setup, if it helps visualize:

190267504_photobucket_860_.jpg

Any suggestions?

J.looking good! I did something similar last year. I'd go with the portable. Less framing. Just leave the side tables off and slide it in! Let us know what you decide.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am assuming the Genesis would last much longer than the Charbroil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Absolutely. I have had my Genesis for over 10 years and it is still going great.

Ray

If your goal is to have SS Genesis then the S 310 is perfect, you do know that you can get the colored Genesis in a variety of colors but under the EP310 model, E310 is ci, the EP has stainless steel grates & flavorizor bars with a colored exterior while the S310 is all ss. Just an fyi, a lot of people don't know that.

Back