indirect on an e320

M_Kuharious

First off what a great site. I was searching for a group like this for a week and stubbled across this site. Wonderful!

Anywho I am in the market for a NG grill and I have it down to two -the E-320 and the S-450. My question is can you achieve good results cooking indirect on a E-320? The size is similar to my old grill and I do not think I would ever need anything bigger. I have used my old grill for indirect with good results. The S-450 seems it would work great at indirect grilling with the 4 burners. Also I am not too excited about the all SS on the s-450. So can you get good results indirect cooking/smoking on a E-320?

It should be mention that I have a gold 22in Weber Kettle too, but have not been able to get great results yet using indirect cooking. This site(now that I found it) will help lots. Thanks for your reponses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Kuharious

It should be mention that I have a gold 22in Weber Kettle too, but have not been able to get great results yet using indirect cooking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First, welcome to the board.

I have a Genesis Silver B which is similiar to the new E320. I also have at least one of almost everything else Weber makes - certainly excessive
icon_smile.gif

I do all my indirect cooking on a Performer which is just another kettle like yours. With practice I think you'll find it ideal for indirect cooking. Jamie's book on Charcoal grilling would be worth your while.

My guess is that the S-450, with the 4 vertical burners would probably work better for indirect. If it were me, I wouldn't buy it for that reason but instead would get comfortable with my kettle.

Paul

taking your advice and getting the e-320 and i am dedicating this spring to mastering the kettle. also been reading about the weber bullet and getting an itch... thanks for the reply

Good choice on the E320, if you look at the burner tubes, the front and back burners are about 1/2" away from the cook box. With the center burner turned off you have the same amount of cooking space (front to back) as you do on the Summit.

well i went on and pulled the trigger on the e-320. it is actually the ep-320 with ss 7mm grates. i have yet to put it together. it will be sat. business. can not wait. it took me 8 years and two grills later to finally do what my head told me to do...go with weber!

Congrats ! I bet you'll be well pleased with it. I just don't believe you can do better than Weber unless, maybe, you get to the super high end stuff like DCS, Fire Magic, Viking, etc. I have no intention of spending 4 to 7 thousand on a gas grill, and I seriously doubt if they have CS equal to Weber's. When I see pictures of that real high end stuff, I often see people in white coats cooking - I don't have a white coat
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Heh, I won 2 March Madness Pools at work and there's $650 burnin a hole in my wallet!

I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on the natural gas 320. It's a choice of last years weber gold c, which is the same price, or the 320. I like the big stainless steel grease catcher on the 320. It looks heavy duty.

As far as natural gas, am i gonna see a difference from propane? I know it's gonna be less hassle.

Also, how's everyones liking there 320's? It's tough trying to find any kind of review on the net.

I will post up...

the 320 works great. it gets much hotter than my old grill, although it has not went above 600deg. i too went with the NG model. works great, having a little trouble with the knobs(getting them to pop up when i shut the grill off), but in the grill's defense I really have not had much time to look at it and get it right. all in all works great.

i have cooked a few steaks, grilled asparagus, and pork chops so far. nothing too crazy, yet.

Back