Grilling Bowls and or Grilling Woks

Nick Carter

TVWBB Member
Hi all! Long time no see! Last year I bought a Chefmate Grilling Bowl/Basket combo from target. This included a regular coated bowl and a coated basket that fit within each other. The bowl makes AWESOME Brussells Sprouts and Green beans doused in butter. My bowl recently started peeling after a year of VERY heavy use. I want to get another one but cant seem to find one anywhere. Any suggestions? Brand doesnt matter. I plan on using my cast iron skillet for now but that kind of takes up a lot of real estate in my Genesis.

Thanks all! Happy grilling!
icon_smile.gif

Nick I prefer the stainless steel ones, such as you can find at Williams Sonoma. Costco had similar ones earlier in the season. I have found that the coated ones don't stand up to high heat as well, and as you have found they start to peel. To me they give the food an off flavor,makes me also wonder what I am ingesting.

most anything "coated" has instructions not to use over high heat. Fumes/chemicals come off in the air and the food (hence, the coating isn't so non-stick anymore).

SS would be best. Maybe they make a cast iron perforated skillet?

I had the coated skillet. It got rusted,so I chucked it. I bought something similar to this at Target. Stainless steel,and works great!

Back