Newbie did some mods today!!!

Tanner H.

TVWBB Member
Hi all,
well I have had my 22.5 WSM for about two weeks now and after following this board I took the plung today. I realized after one major mistake that I needed some handles on the main tube of the cooker. followed the instructions in the mod section of the VWB board. I bought some garage door handles at Ace hardware. Also bought the 1/4" ID lamp stuff for the thermometer probes. well I found out quickly that the 22.5 WSM's grate brackets are not 6" on center, ( more like 7 ish) so i did some tweaking and bending and they fit fine. then I drilled out the top side of one of the handles to accomodate the 1/2 OD lamp stuff. I had no problem drilling the WSM out or the grate bracket. so within about 15 minutes I had handles and a probe port through the top of one of the handles. No additional holes and a nice clean set up. Thanks for all the info on here. You folks are awesome!!!!

It "sounds" like you have a good start to mod projects. But....
Around here there is an unwriten rule "Without pics, it didn't happen."
icon_wink.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL Ill see what I can do. But the pics will look exactly like the other one on here with the lamp wire grommet through the handle.
icon_smile.gif

Back