**Holidaze Bacon**

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
Our friend Bill the Butcher opened up shop after hours for a "Beat the Winter Blues Holidaze Baconfest". Six Berkshire Pork bellies, a Berkshire Pork Loin split with strap removed and a Kobe Boneless beef plate.

Take a look at the slideshow here:
http://s163.photobucket.com/al...?albumview=slideshow

We did the cure last Monday, smoked the meats on a FEC100 with a Smoke Daddy Cold smoke generator using Cherry for smoke on Saturday, refrigerated then sliced and packaged on Monday.

Next batch will be savory and maybe Panchetta!

Stay hungry!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FEC100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What temp did you smoke the bacon at and how long was the smoke?

Thanks
Ken

man, talk about kids in a candy store, that looked like some serious fun.

I'm looking at the smoke daddy and it might be just what I'm looking for. Any tips for buying one? I was thinking of going with the 6".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k walsh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FEC100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What temp did you smoke the bacon at and how long was the smoke?

Thanks
Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ty packed the FEC to the gills, shot it for 3 hours (3 loads) with the Smoke Daddy, then gradually brought the temps up until the bellies hit 160* so @ 7 hour total.

Back