Removing knobs on Genesis Silver B

Davis

I'm just trying to remove the knobs on my new (to me) Genesis Silver B so I can clean them. I've tried pulling straight up on them and they don't pop right off, and I don't want to break anything but yanking on them if I'm supposed to be doing something else. On the other hand, if I'm really just supposed to pull up hard on them (and that isn't likely to break the knobs) I'd love to know it. Thanks!

Get two large metal spoons. Place the spoon tips under the knob directly opposite one another and push down on the handles. The knobs on my Silver A pull straight up.

Thanks everyone for the input -- turns out my grill (2001 Genesis Silver B) is the same as everyone else's and the knobs are removed by pulling straight up. It took a bit of force to get them off though! I was concerned because when I pulled up on them it was lifting up the entire burner assembly, but by pressing down on the grill while pulling up on the knobs, I got them off without too much effort. Grill is now looking much cleaner and ready to go!

Thanks again,
Davis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davis:
Thanks everyone for the input -- turns out my grill (2001 Genesis Silver B) is the same as everyone else's and the knobs are removed by pulling straight up. It took a bit of force to get them off though! I was concerned because when I pulled up on them it was lifting up the entire burner assembly, but by pressing down on the grill while pulling up on the knobs, I got them off without too much effort. Grill is now looking much cleaner and ready to go!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Much smarter to ask than to force and risk breakage.

Welcome to TVWBB.

Back