Q200 with 220 thermometer installed

D Kremer

I did some chicken on my new Q200 last night, I drilled the lid and added a Q220 thermometer this week and wanted to try it out. After the chicken was done I left the Q on high to burn off and see how hot it would get. The thermo wound up to 575 or so using a disposable propane bottle that was darn near frozen near the end. It may have gone hotter with full pressure on a hose from a 20 pounder.

more pics here of the thermo
100_1959.JPG

100_1965.JPG

This Q is a fantastic thing.

Great job adding the thermometer, and fine looking grill marks on the chicken!

I love the 'no flare up' Q grill.
Any of the gassers that I've had in the past would do fine, as long as I was standing by, but let me run inside for a brew, and I would return to a flaming inferno!
I'm convinced they had some sort of sensor on them.

I installed mine on top....easier to read without stooping down. 3/8" drill bit and super easy install.

That 575* temp is aboutthe same I get on my Q220, great little cookers and with that temp, you are going to get great sear marks!!

I installed a Therm on my old Q100. It was just cheapo from Walmart...I think Charbroil brand or something but it installed perfectly and seems to be quite accurate. For less than $8, it was a great add.

I was always reluctant to drill a hole through that nice, sturdy lid. Didn't even think that was possible with home tools. The Q lids seem much thicker than the kettles'.
I love those Qs!

It is just aluminum. Much easier to drill through than than any steel. I am not saying the aluminum lids are not quality, because they really are. Aluminum is a much better option for them over steel.

Back