Shaping Pizza Dough Videos and More

Nice site...thanks for sharing.

I have been wanting to perfect a Neapolitan pizza. I made this Round Table clone last week. It was a 6 out of 10.

I definitely will be trying the dough recipe from the site you provided.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Hank, beautiful pizza! Now I'm getting the growlies.

In case you could use one, here is a Neapolitan Pizza Dough I've been using for almost 10 years. It's very versatile and stretches like a dream --- very extensible!

You can make the dough in the morning of serving (the long proof builds flavors nicely), but I usually retard the dough in the fridge overnight. I even freeze balls of the dough and just take them out in the morning and let them proof during the day (about 5 to 6 hours) before shaping them for topping and baking or grilling (yes, I use this dough on the grill too). For the grill, you can add a little olive oil to the dough but I usually don't bother.

It's a good recipe to work into a busy schedule.

Rita

Hee hee. One advantage of living in NYC is that I can walk in any direction for about 45 seconds and buy some of the best pizza dough on the planet. Since it is specifically geared toward cooking in super high heat coal or wood fired ovens, it is perfect for the grill.

Back