My father in law made my day....

Tom in VA

TVWBB Member
This past weekend, I cooked picnic because my WSM was getting lonely. BTW, this was the first time I used new kingsford for an overnight cook and I was quite pleased with it but, that is another story.

My in-laws came over on Sunday and has dinner. I had given them some pork to take home. Well, my father in law called me on Tuesday and said he had re-heated it and said thiat it was the best Q he had ever had. I forgot to give him any sauce to take and, his remark was that it didn't need any.

My parents come down from the suburban northeast, and I have made it for them and they tell me its good but I usually chalk that up to I would make them go stay in a motel if they didn't. My father in law has had my Q before but he had never given me that compliment before. Coming from a guy who has eaten Virginia and Eastern N.C. Q all his life, I was tickled pink.

Just had to toot my own horn for a liitle bit.

Tom

Is this something we all aspire to?
icon_smile.gif

My FIL was known as the brisket king in the family and made several a year. He actually gave me a lesson in making brisket once but wouldn't you know it, I lost my notes when we moved.

Sadly he passed away about a year and a half ago.

Last winter I made my first brisket over the holidays. The wife invited a bunch of friends and family over.

The concensus on the brisket was, "well, it's different then Sandy's but very good". High praise from these folks.
icon_smile.gif

Good work Tom. I use Renoun Mr Brown on every cook, use the instructions and advice as on this site, never turned out bad! Your friends here in Virginia have not had Q as good as yours, especially if they never wander from Central Virginia!

Back