Frozen Lemoncello Souffle

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
This is not the recipe from my cookbook, but I was able to do a cut & paste from this website. It is pretty similar, but less work (and typing).

Frozen Lemoncello Soufflé

8 egg yolks
1 qt. heavy cream
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of lemoncello liquor

In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks until creamy and add sugar slowly and beat until dissolves. Set aside

In a separate mixing bowl whip heavy cream until stiff peaks and fold in lemoncello liquor

Fold the beaten egg yolk and sugar mixture into the whipped cream and freeze for approx 30 minutes

Serve with fresh berries …Can be made up to two days ahead and stored in the freezer well covered.

THANKS!

The recipe, in actuality, is for a mousse since the mixture is not cooked but only frozen. (A language thing of mine
icon_wink.gif
)

Souffles are cooked but I'll be making mine as soon as my batch of 'cello matures!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjkoko:
THANKS!

The recipe, in actuality, is for a mousse since the mixture is not cooked but only frozen. (A language thing of mine
icon_wink.gif
)

Souffles are cooked but I'll be making mine as soon as my batch of 'cello matures! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You have a point there. My book says, "The dessert is made to look like a baked souffle, including the paper collar around the top, but is really more like a frozen mousse."

Back